The TRUFA Sessional/Limited Term Contract Faculty Committee’s main focus is to represent the interests of Non-Regular Faculty in the TRU community.
Terms of Reference:
- Provide a forum to share and address Non-Regular issues.
- Communicate and promote the planned Non-Regular Faculty activities.
- Communicate and promote any campus events that deal with Non-Regular issues.
- Act as an advocate for Non-Regular issues and the rights of Non-Regular employees in the college and institute system in BC.
- Work cooperatively with other FPSE Non-Regular Faculty Committees.
- The TRUFA Executive will support the Non-Regular Faculty Committee financially, as it does other similar TRUFA committees.
- Decisions made by consensus. Consensus is defined as being able to live with, accept, and support a decision, when there is not total agreement.
- TRUFA Non-Regular Faculty representative (Chair).
- TRUFA members who are interested/willing to assist with Non-Regular Faculty events.
- An elected chair/co-chairs, will serve a 2-year term.
- The chair/co-chairs will have one vote on the TRUFA Executive.
- As necessary when called by the chair, minimally once per semester.
Reporting: Reports regularly to the FPSE President and the Presidents’ Council.
Composition: The Committee is composed of one designated representative from each local. As much a possible, Non-Regular Faculty Committee representatives and non-regular liaisons shall be non-regular faculty.
A member will be appointed by the Executive Committee, with voice but without vote, to act as liaison between the Standing Committee, the Executive, and Presidents’ Council.
Meetings: Meetings as required by the Committee to fulfill its responsibilities, limited only by the funding allocated to the Committee.
Term of Appointment: Locals shall endeavour to elect or appoint representatives for a two year term.
Chairperson: The Committee shall elect a new Chairperson at the fall meeting.
The Committee shall endeavour to elect a Chairperson who has served on the Committee a previous term as a local representative.
The Chairperson or designate shall have observer status at meetings of the Presidents’ Council with voice but no vote. The responsibility of the Chairperson includes attendance by the Chairperson or designate at the Presidents’ Council meeting immediately subsequent to a meeting of the Committee or upon request of the FPSE President.
The Chairperson shall attend the Annual General Meeting and Convention. The Convention shall provide orientation and planning opportunities for Committee Chairpersons and facilitate their meeting as a group.
The duly elected Chairperson of the Committee shall continue to serve as Chairperson where the Chairperson ceases to be a designated local representative to the Committee.
Observers: By invitation of the Chair.
Quorum: A majority of locals.
Voting: Positions adopted by consensus among designated representatives; otherwise by simple majority (By-Law #6).
Funds: As allocated in the annual budget.
Sessional/Limited Term Faculty Committee – 2 Yr. Term
|English as a Second Language||OM2481firstname.lastname@example.org||250-371-5639||April 30 18||April 30 19|
Co-Chair (on medical leave)
|School of Business & Economics||OM3781email@example.com||250-852-6855||April 30 18||April 30 19|