What is TRUFA’s policy when it comes to receiving strike pay?
The following is the TRUFA Strike Policy as amended by TRUFA Executive on June 4, 2015:
The TRUFA Defense Fund shall be used to support TRUFA members in the event of a strike, lockout or third-party picket line.
- Internal TRUFA Strike support payments shall be $100/day per FTE for the first 3 days of a strike, lockout or third-party picket line.
- Beginning on the fourth day of a strike, lockout or third-party picket line, the FPSE strike fund will contribute $60 (per FTE) of the total $100 (per FTE) strike support payment. The actual amount of a strike support payment shall not exceed the amount of lost income in the event of a strike, lockout or third-party picket line.
- A TRUFA member must demonstrate loss of income due to strike, lockout or third-party picket line to receive strike pay.
- Regular union dues shall be waived during a strike, lockout or third party picket line.
- TRUFA members must support the strike, lockout or third-party picket line in proportion to their workload to receive strike pay as outlined above. For TRUFA strikes, members appointed to 100% workload positions will be required to perform required duties (making signs, phoning, delivering supplies, communication, picket line duties, etc.) for daily shifts of 2 or 3 hours for a total of up to 15 hours of support per week per FTE will be required to collect strike pay. Members who are working less than full-time, will have their strike support obligation prorated based on their percentage of workload.
- TRUFA members who are working overseas, on Maternity/parental leave, sick leave, short-term disability, long-term disability, vacation, sabbatical or other paid leave will not receive strike pay, as they will suffer no loss of pay.
- Any TRUFA member who crosses a TRUFA picket line are not eligible to receive strike pay and shall be assessed the equivalent of a day’s salary for each infraction.
If you have any questions regarding the 72 Hours Strike Notice, send them to: email@example.com.
Submit any other questions to TRUFA Stewards here.