TRUFA Serves 72-Hour Strike NoticeJanuary 11, 2016
Job Action Information for Students UpdateJanuary 12, 2016
What is TRUFA’s policy when it comes to receiving strike pay?
The following is the TRUFA Strike Policy as amended by TRUFA Executive on June 4, 2015:
The TRUFA Defense Fund shall be used to support TRUFA members in the event of a strike, lockout or third-party picket line.
- Internal TRUFA Strike support payments shall be $100/day per FTE for the first 3 days of a strike, lockout or third-party picket line.
- Beginning on the fourth day of a strike, lockout or third-party picket line, the FPSE strike fund will contribute $60 (per FTE) of the total $100 (per FTE) strike support payment. The actual amount of a strike support payment shall not exceed the amount of lost income in the event of a strike, lockout or third-party picket line.
- A TRUFA member must demonstrate loss of income due to strike, lockout or third-party picket line to receive strike pay.
- Regular union dues shall be waived during a strike, lockout or third party picket line.
- TRUFA members must support the strike, lockout or third-party picket line in proportion to their workload to receive strike pay as outlined above. For TRUFA strikes, members appointed to 100% workload positions will be required to perform required duties (making signs, phoning, delivering supplies, communication, picket line duties, etc.) for daily shifts of 2 or 3 hours for a total of up to 15 hours of support per week per FTE will be required to collect strike pay. Members who are working less than full-time, will have their strike support obligation prorated based on their percentage of workload.
- TRUFA members who are working overseas, on Maternity/parental leave, sick leave, short-term disability, long-term disability, vacation, sabbatical or other paid leave will not receive strike pay, as they will suffer no loss of pay.
- Any TRUFA member who crosses a TRUFA picket line are not eligible to receive strike pay and shall be assessed the equivalent of a day’s salary for each infraction.
If you have any questions regarding the 72 Hours Strike Notice, send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit any other questions to TRUFA Stewards here.